Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Humble Pie: It's like Perkins... Only Better!

Who knew Humble Pie is served up as a whole pie  and by the slice?
While my adventures have not led me so near the internet in recent weeks (who am I kidding--months), I want to reiterate the importance of what I think I'm doing. I am learning patience and appreciation like I never have before. I learning perseverance and dedication.
When I am frustrated or angry or discouraged, I think of what I am grateful for... sometimes this takes a bit of time. My first thought when I feel any of these isn't "I'm so grateful...", but taking a second even if I'm rushed to feel gratitude, even for the most simple of things, gives me different perspective.
I find this especially when what I love is what's causing the feelings. If I am getting aggravated with someone I love, I think of why I love them. If I am getting frustrated while playing roller derby, I think of why I love the sport and am grateful to be taking part. If I'm upset at work, I remember how grateful I am to have a job.
Some perspective from a person trying to live every day with love and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment